CCCIS End-of-Life Ancillary Service
Chinese Cancer and Chronic Illness Society of Victoria (CCCIS) has recently been funded by the Victorian State Government Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) to deliver a range of client-focused support services to individuals with life-limiting illness to be cared at home and provide much-needed support to their family/carers as their loved ones' lives are approaching the end.
CCCIS End-of-Life Ancillary Service is designed to support individuals who are terminally ill to be cared for at home from Chinese speaking communities across metropolitan Melbourne.
The services do not include direct clinical care and will be delivered mainly by trained volunteers who speak Mandarin and/or Cantonese and who understand our clients' individual needs.
Currently the services are only available for people living the Eastern and South-Eastern suburbs of metropolitan Melbourne.
Services to be delivered include:
- Help in performing day-to-day activities, such as simple meal preparation and/or minor household maintenance
- Social support/Companionship
- Transport to shops/medical appointments
- In-home respite for carers for no more than 3 hours at any one time
- Support groups for individuals with life-limiting illnesses
- Assistance in writing biography/final wishes
- Other supports, including recreational activities and one on one phone support to family members/carers, etc.
For further information please contact:
Office Hours: 9:30am - 5:30pm (Mon-Fri)
(03) 8373 4828 / 0401 166 701
CCCIS endeavours to keep all consumers’ information confidential and will not disclose to a third party without proper consent unless we are required by law. Consumers are entitled to ask what information we hold about them and to seek access to the information.